November Endorsements for State Senate
- Should we as group endorse a candidate?
Only consider members? (ask Patrick Valentino about membership process as Democratic club has done this)
Interest in staying apolitical or non-partisan, while speaking to issues
Speaking out may turn people away
- Discuss of the rash of car and property break-ins, and approaches, e.g.
- Improving the coverage of security cameras
- Hiring private security and/or homeless outreach to get more eyes on the street
- Signage to discourage keeping bags in cars
- Collecting statistics on where breakins are occurring
- Pit stop in neighborhood –
Next Steps for group
Event to walk the neighborhood to note street issues (Led by David Singer)
Place home-made signage where breakins are occurring if we can’t get the city to do it.
- There’s quite a bit of new construction in the area, how can we be ready to work with them? 
- Encourage them to install cameras?
- Identify where security is posted?
- What do we need to do to do a concerted membership drive:
- of residents
- of retail business
- of commercial locations?
- Decide what dues are, what they are for?
- Start a project then raise funds?
- What does the group stand for? Define
- Invite DPH and DPW to next event
- Invite city planning re possible Bart tunnel, Folsom BRT, Highway tear-down
- Contact Sam Dodge re future meeting attendance
Website Updates needed
- Producing Security Cameras recommendations for the website
- Adding pages wrt a pending membership drive
- Listing projects, their progress, and points of advocacy
- Add meeting minutes
- 311 how to use and how statistics are used
- Links/info to construction projects in the neighborhood